FACTS - Nutrient Management Planning
To prepare FACTS Qualified Advisers to meet the challenges of the Water Framework Directive, industry leaders urged the FACTS Committee to introduce training in Nutrient Management Planning as core CPD training. FQAs now have recognised roles in implementing NVZ rules, the Code of Good Agricultural Practice and assurance schemes. FACTS membership will benefit if this recognition is maintained and extended.
A Nutrient Management Planning course, comprising six modules, is available to all FQAs. Current FQAs need to complete these training modules by a fixed deadline dependent upon their qualification date if they are to retain their FQA status.
- FQAs need to attend the six CPD training modules and take a subsequent online assessment. The recommended training time is 2½ days.
- Course content is updated at intervals to stay abreast of regulations or agronomic practices.
- The online assessment is made available to candidates after completion of the 6 CPD training modules. Successful completion of the online assessment is essential for advisers who wish to retain their FQA status.
- FQAs who gained their qualification between 1st January 2012 and 31st December 2014 have to complete the training modules and online assessment before 31st December 2016 to retain FQA status
- FQAs who gained their qualification after 1st January 2015 have to complete the training modules and online assessment within two years of the date they qualified to retain FQA status.
- Anyone not trained within the allotted time period will lose FQA status. They have to complete the training modules, online assessment AND full written exam to retain FQA status
- The NMP exam comprises a written paper and a panel viva examination.
- The modules can be used towards the BASIS Diploma in Agronomy if the examination is passed. Examinations should be provided by a BASIS Approved Trainer (to comply with Quality Assurance Standards).
Where candidates wish to take the exam, minimum numbers will apply. If numbers on any particular course are insufficient there will be opportunities to take the exam at a later date. Exam dates are available on our website.
Upcoming NMP courses are advertised in the Events Calendar. The NMP trainers will be able to provide further course details; length, costs etc. The Events Calendar is updated regularly so if you find no suitable dates/venues then keep checking for future course dates as they are added.
Note: Training within the required time-frame is the responsibility of individual candidates.