FACTS Qualified Annual Assessment
Themes for 01 June 2019 – 31 May 2020
Agriculture: Best Practice in managing nitrogen (mineral and organic) to reduce emissions with a focus on N2O and NH3 and including carbon foot printing
Horticulture: Improving accuracy in matching nutrient supply to plant requirements
Turf: Nutrient sources, their properties and selection for different turf types
Please go to the Resource Library on our website for further information.
What does all this mean for me?
BASIS Approved Trainers
- BASIS Approved Trainers and In-house Trainers can provide training to prepare FQAs for their annual assessment; however, candidates may choose how they gain their knowledge, e.g. face to face, Online, etc.
- CPD points will continue to be awarded in the normal way for registered training.
Newly qualified FQAs:
- All candidates who became FQAs by attaining their FACTS Certificate in the period 01 June 2018 – 31 May 2019 will not be required to take any additional training or an Online Assessment during the first year, however, this will be a requirement in the period 01 June 2020 – 31 May 2021.
- All current FQAs qualifying before 1 June 2018 are required to gain the relevant knowledge and pass the Online Assessment during the 2019/2020 Membership Year.
- The cost of the Online Assessment will be met by BASIS.
- All FQA’s will continue to be expected to meet their annual CPD requirement.
Retaining your FQA status:
- FQAs will receive automatic notification of their result on taking the Online Assessment and their FQA Status will be automatically upgraded for the following Professional Register Year.
- FQAs will be granted two attempts initially at the Online Assessment.
What if I am unable to complete the assessment within the timeframe?
- Providing your Professional Register Membership is current and up to date, should you have missed the deadline date to take your Online Assessment you will be required to pay a fee to gain access to any previously outstanding, and current assessments, to retain your FQA Status.
There will be a continual review and agreement of the next three years’ themes by the FACTS Advisory Committee and these will be circulated to FQAs in order for them to plan ahead. Candidates passing the FACTS Exam will also be informed of the new themes and requirements to retain their FQA Status in the future.