The FACTS Subscriber Scheme is a technical update service for anyone who holds a FACTS qualification. The Scheme is independent and non-statutory. It is recognised by the Fertiliser Industry, Defra and the Environment Agency as a successful means of setting standards, training and accrediting the continuing professional development (CPD) of those providing nutrient management advice.
The Scheme aims to promote Catchment Sensitive Farming, and supports River Basin Management initiatives.
Members receive a quarterly newsletter "Fertilizer Matters", access to a telephone helpline and entry onto a published list of Annual Scheme Members. For more information on the FACTS Subscriber Scheme, please see our leaflet (found in the Resource Library).
If you are a member of the BASIS Professional Register you will receive 12 CPD points per year towards your CPD total from your FACTS Subscriber Scheme membership.
A FACTS website has been set up specifically for members of the FACTS Subscriber Scheme:
Reasons to join the FACTS Subscriber Scheme:
- Increases the authority of FACTS advisers and the credibility of the industry
- Strengthens the value of the FACTS qualification
- Helps those providing agricultural advice to demonstrate increasing commitment to responsible and safe practice
- Provides information on legislative changes and other developments for FACTS 2006 members to encourage responsible use of plant nutrients by end users
- Provides an annually updated and accessible list of FACTS members for assurance schemes, Government departments, etc
- Promotes opportunities for further training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through the BASIS Professional Register