For further information on duration please see the Training Syllabus and contact your Trainer.
Other Relevant Courses
Find a Course / ExamView course syllabus
- BETA Amenity
- Foundation Award
- BASIS Diploma in Agronomy
This course provides training and certification for sellers of agrochemicals and those giving advice on their use in amenity.
The BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection for Field Sales and Technical Staff (FSTS) has been established since 1978 to provide training and certification for sellers of pesticides and those giving advice on their use. The BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection has been approved by Ministers to meet the requirements of Schedule 2 of the Control of Pesticide Regulations for certification of those involved in the sale, advice and supply of pesticides.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those individuals who are involved in the advice, sale or supply of pesticides in the amenity industry. Those covered by this section would thus include:
- Contractors who sell or give advice
- Distributors who sell or give advice
- Pesticide manufacturers and suppliers
- Consultants, agents, managers, specifiers and local authority managers who are involved in pesticide sales or advice
The amenity industry includes hard surface areas, turf, amenity grass and sports areas, large public and private gardens (eg. National Trust type properties), parks, forestry, aquatic and other areas where spraying is carried out. This can be by in-house or contract labour, private forestry companies, local authorities, motorway and other road verge maintenance, aquatic and dry areas and industrial site maintenance. This may include amateur gardens where contractors are employed using professional products. The control of invasive and injurious weeds is also an important area of Amenity Pesticide use.
- Impact of Amenity Activities on Biodiversity, the Environment and Water
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Weeds
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Pests
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Diseases
- Module 5 Composition, Activity and Persistence of Pesticides
- Module 6 Application of Pesticides
- Module 7 Safe Use, Handling, Transport and Storage of Pesticides
- Candidates must have had satisfactory training and supervised field experience before entering for the BASIS (FSTS) examination. If in doubt as to this requirement, please contact the BASIS office
Course Quick Link